Friday 1 April 2011

Making it up as I go along!

As this is my first blog I really am making it up as I go along!  I'll blame it on my brother-in-law, John!

He says I should be sharing the things that I'm interested in - Gardening, Family History, Mossley Hollins (where my oldest 2 children attend and the other 3 are excited to attend as we have watched the new building being built over the past couple of years).  So these are the things to look forward to in future blogs!

Last April we bought an eighth of an acre of land (we'd never even had a garden before!).  We started clearing away brambles and years of undergrowth.  It was when the weather was just getting glorious and I bought a couple of propagators so I could start some plants/vegatables from seed.  Unfortunately within days of this I ended up in hospital and was stuck there for over a month.  To cut a long story short I didn't get to do much in the garden last year but here's how it looked.  As progress is made I'll post some more photo's.




I think I'll leave it at that for now and figure out if I can even send this anywhere!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, now wasn't writing that, more creative and fulfilling than a one line status on face book. Your the second family member to enter the "blogosphere" in the last 24 hours. Jake started last night to !

    John
    RJRDaydreamer

    PS very clever choice of theme with the green background and grass, although I think Steven needs to do some weeding at the top right of the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start Steph, you will soon get hooked like the rest of us in the family. I run two blogs one for my model boats and another for the model boat club we are members of.
    keep up the pix's of the garden, Velda is so into gardening she looks after the club garden aswell as our own, a right glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! It starts off a little intimidating, but once that wears off its great. Have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your brother in law, and thought I'd check out your blog - WELCOME! Best of luck, hope you find it as fun as I do!!!

    ReplyDelete